Monday, April 26, 2010

Pasta Salad in a Snap


Taking ingredients from the "cook once eat healthy all week" plan I made a bomb pasta salad.
It's colorful, filling, easy and tasty.

  1. boil pasta drain run under cool water
  2. while pasta is boiling take veggies cut em up, defrost em, get em ready to be eaten by you. I chose peas, carrots, grape tomatoes, lima beans (YES I LIKE THEM), and diced chicken.
  3. combine veggies and pasta in tupperware container
  4. add LITE Italian dressing to tupperware
  5. close
  6. shake it baby
  7. eat.
You can add subtract whatever it is you like. The key ideas here are portioning...getting a variety of color...and enjoying this bite by bite.

I'm about to go devour mine when I race home for lunch-
Kris

2 comments:

  1. I love pasta salad! Definitely going to try this as the weather warms up and I have more time to actually make food for myself :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's really worked for me is doing it on a Sunday night or if I need a study break...chopping up a ton of veggies together and (don't put dressing on) having a dry salad mix. It's like the stuff you can buy out of the bag but cheaper, better for you and quick!

    ReplyDelete