Sunday, February 12, 2012

beats.

I did a crazy thing the other day.
I dropped (I feel so cool when I say that) $249.99 on MIXR BEATS BY DR.DRE.




I then spent $39.99 on a protection plan with the boys at Best Buy...which gets me new head phones no questions asked for two years any time I need em.

After spending this insane amount on headphones (I have trouble spending more than $5 on a foot long from Subway) I was ecstatic. I even called people to tell them how excited I was.

After taking them out of the cool box with Dr. Dre's face on it, and putting aside the catalog that came with the headphones (in case I wanted to throw the rest of my savings away into some ear buds) and I popped these bad boys on...

my high died.

They sound sick. But being a regular ol gal that barely knows treble from bass (DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE TO COMPARE TO EACH OTHER?) and Sony from Bose, I wasn't sure if I really should have spent that much.

Now. We all know I like music. Or for those of you who don't, I like music. There now we are on the same page. I have spent more money on concerts and shows and raves in the last year than anything else (EXCEPT MY DUI...). I listen to music morning day and night. And I want epic head phones that make me feel cool look cool
(and clearly these did)

oh plus they have to be quality.

I got that with beats but I don't think it was worth it.

PROS

They are fucking durable.
They have that epic b on the side that lets everyone know that you manned up and bought beats.
They have a volume control on them and you can mute them without touching your music device.
They have a carrying case and can be folded up easily. So you're not attempting to break them every time you shove them away.
They sound great. From what I know, I really liked the quality. I could hear each beat much clearer than I could in the other cheaper headphones at Best Buy.

CONS

They are $250.
They hurt the hell out of my ears. It was like they were pinned back. I had to keep adjusting them through out my day.
If I'm going to pay $250 for head phones I want to wear them when I work out, but I didn't like how hot they made me (but then again they are on the ear head phones).

So there you have it. If you get a great tax return look into them but if not and you're broke as shit don't.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment