Thursday, August 16, 2012

Took A Detour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyEzFzkJWs

Every morning on my way to work I follow the same path. Sometimes I'll get ballsy and will go on the other side of the street OH! that's usually if someone is annoying me.

While walking / trotting down Capitol Hill I talk to God. I tell him I'd like some help today. That I need to face another day and I can't do it alone. I ask him to help keep me sober and out of my destructive habits just for today, we can worry about tomorrow when I'm facing it. I usually pray for friends who need it. Those who are looking for jobs, whos grandparents are sick, who I haven't talked to in a while.

Today during this I realized I was 5 minutes early for my bus-THAT my friends is a miracle in itself-but not the point. So I got this crazay idea to walk all the way to work (mind you I'm wearing my cool new Nikes and work out outfit) and so I did.

Took me about 40 minutes but that's including me stopping to take pictures. And here they are:


Walking towards the water
My favorite place in all Seattle...by the water!

Saw these bad boys pull up one after the other at QWEST (F off Century Link) today policemen take a disabled child out for the day and let them be police chiefs! How fun!
Ya they are out of order...but I'm rushing.

Sun outside Safeco





<3 td="td">


The entire journey I listened to music like Breathe Me, Sia and Shawn McDonald.
I was very present in that moment, feeling the sun on  my skin, taking in my city, and talking to God.

It was wonderful.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment