Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tasty Chicken with Some Tomatoes and Oregano Salsa

Hey want to learn how to make this?


Yes. Ok. I lied. There is NO FRESH basil. 2 cloves of chopped garlic. OR Rosemary in sight. If you caught that good for you ... if not you're going to be fine because I will point out all my short comings in the EZ as pie (easy as eating pie not making it) recipe.

So I didn't have all the ingredients and as I was too lazy to go to the store I just added more oregano. Problem solved.



Those ingredients look like this ...



Yes. Ok. I lied. There is NO FRESH basil. 2 cloves of chopped garlic. OR Rosemary in sight. If you caught that good for you ... if not you're going to be fine because I will point out all my short comings in the EZ as pie (easy as eating pie not making it) recipe.

So I didn't have all the ingredients and as I was too lazy to go to the store I just added more oregano. Problem solved.

Here's what you'll need for the salsa.




Again I come up short. But I'm normal. I swear not everyone would want to cut up a pound of fresh tomatoes or even HAVE that many toms on hand. Come on now.

-So I used a can and a half of diced tomatoes...I reccomend draining them before hand...you'll see pictures as to why later. WAHWAHHHH.

-No shallot at all. (But if you're wondering WHAT a shallot even is ... like I myself was ... it's "A member of the onion family, but formed more like garlic than onions. Shallots are favored for their mild onion flavor, and can be used in the same manner as onions. A shallot looks like a small, elongated onion with a copper, reddish, or gray skin. When peeled, shallots separate into into cloves like garlic." Thank you kitchen Dictionary.

-I am anti jal op en os so I didn't use those guys. I'm hot enough on my own. BAhahaha

Other than that everything followed the recipe.

SWEET.

1. Put the first 8 ingredients in a plastic bag.
2. Add chicken and let those puppies (ewe um change that ... let the meat) marinate at least 30 minutes. (I did an entire day! Because I forgot I said I'd make dinner. HA whoops)

Onto the SALSA part of Grilled Chicken with Roasted Tomato and oregano Salsa
4. Heat oven to 400°F.
5. Cover a baking tray with foil.
6. Here's the instructions again just in case...


6. Spread tomatoes on tray; drizzle with oil. Add salt and pepper. Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.


This is why I said you should drain the tomatoes.
And also why I wish I HAD drained the tomatoes. That's what I get for not chopping up a pound of these suckers myself.

7. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic and oregano in a bowl.
8. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
9. Heat over medium-high heat.
10. Remove chicken from marinade; cook 5 minutes.


11. Reduce heat to medium-low, flip chicken and add leftover marinade to pan. Cook 5 minutes.
12. Reduce heat to low. Cover chicken; cook 10 minutes.
13. Divide among 4 plates; top each with 1/4 of the salsa. Serve immediately.

OR ELSE YOUR PARENTS WILL TAKE THE GOOD STUFF FIRST!



Just kidding. I like having my guests go first. I think it's like proper too or something.

I added couscous to this too and that is the easiest stuff to make if you do the box kind.
YAY EASY!



This is a very simple, easy (did I say easy?), tasty recipe...I really recommend you try it!

Maybe make it for your dad on Fathers' Day?

Hope your weekend was splendid <3 KRIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment