Sunday, June 5, 2011

What I Learned in Church Last Week

Now that Easter is over, being a good wonderful charming (well shoot I'm always charming) human being is not in the forefront of my mind.

Last Sunday, Pastor Paul did me a favor.
He specifically said in his sermon, KRISTIN LEIGH (middle names mean business)YOU NEED TO BE BETTER THAN YOU"RE BEING BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN DOING SOME NOT-SO-GOOD-STUFF AND MESSING UP AND IT'S TIME TO CUT IT OUT ... LIKE NOW.

... well ... ok NO ... the sermon ... his LAST sermon at NCP mind you ... was not catered to me ... but it might as well have been. Pastor Paul may have given my direction a glance while reminding us to not forget God's love and his way and to not lose our own after Easter.

HANYVAY.

I've learned God can be subtle. OR AS OBVIOUS AS ... uh something really obvious.

When Jesus rose from the dead God was pretty darn clear. He rolled a GINORMOUS bolder away from the cave, put an angel by it and had all of Jesus's clothing on the floor.
Yup safe to say he has risen.

AND YET PEOPLE STILL DIDN'T BELIEVE.

And yes. I am or uh was one of those people.

I have liked the idea of God and Jesus and a higher power and that someone will always love me no matter what ... it's a really frickin good idea however WHY THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?

After all the crap I pull ... I mean really? And not even me there are worse people out there ... He still loves them too? WTF MATE. ( oh the memories http://www.ebaumsworld.com/. Class-ic.)

So this was explained to me in the children's message. By way of KUNG FU PANDA!




So first we watched the video.
So yes you do it too...it's only like 2 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62c8gsnJOQ

Ok great. The little rabbityracoonythingwithwhiskers is TOTALLY me. Or well how I was acting and handling my life.
I CAN control what jobs I apply for ... I CAN control my resume/cover letter ... I CAN control my responses to my interviews ... I CAN control my efforts in my recovery ... etc So therefore I was freaking out and trying so hard to do everything I possibly could to NOT fail that I WAS failing.

Ya dig?

But that is one wise turtle. You have to set your fears aside and BELIEVE. Control is an illusion ... yes you can take steps toward a goal and well you should BUT fate and God and faith will always let happen what is meant to. He knows best. So basically you just need to ... CHILL BRO.

Side note....so Chad's not coming? Chad's not even real? (Bro Rape ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8) Also a classic.

But seriously. I listened to this advice as best I could with the job thing and BADDABINGBADDABOOM. I got myself a frickin J O BIZZLE...WHO AM I? Jeezelaweeze. It's bed time.

I stopped applying for stupid reception jobs that I didn't really want but it would be cool to maybe work my way up in that company because they seem kind of cool on paper and have the name media in their title so I could pretend I'm doing something I actually went to school for but no not really at all. I stopped revamping my resume. I stopped trying so hard to network. And just tried being happy with what I had.

The next couple of days Holland America called me for a youth services position I applied for months ago. Had a grand interview which I didn't even have to try in (because it was so grand), had an equally awesome second interview and was offered a contract 20 minutes after hanging up the phone.

I leave for two one week tours to Alaska July 2nd.

YAY!

You only have two hands. When ones clutching sin and the others gripping worry you have no hands left to be useful.
LET GO.
You can't MOVE UP from the monkey bars of life if you're not willing to let go of the bar you're holding.
It's scary as all get out but you won't know until you try.

Anyway. I hope you enjoyed my interactive ish blog post.

Kris.

PS THANK YOU GOD FOR THE SUN THIS WEEKEND!


No comments:

Post a Comment