Monday, October 22, 2012

Treatment Day : 38 My God That's A Lot.

Hi kids!

So, I over slept this morning-opps and had breakfast here at home. Then raced off to treatment. Got there in time for some art and such.

I started painting a Christmas picture :)

Did some other therapyish stuff then met with my parents for a family session.
It. was. um.

Great.

No seriously. It was.

For the first time in a long time I think my dad heard what I said. I told him that I don't really know him and I'd like to. I told him how frustrating it is to ask him about his day or work or life and have him ignore me or give me like a two word answer. Then he told me why he does what he does and revealed what goes on in his head a little bit.

We DO NOT talk like this-ever.

I met with my mom after my one on one with my dad and we broke some ground too. I can tell she's so proud of me and is actually working to help me recover. Before she just wanted to hear the good stuff or would get so mad at me it would make things worse.

Then they left and we did some more stuff that I can't really remember until we went on an outing to a grocery store!

I learned a lot and picked a fear food-spinach ricotta stuffed shells.

The cheese and pasta combo freaks me out. But now I know that it's two servings of grains, two proteins and some veggies! No big deal mayne.

BUT THE COOLEST PART OF TODAY WAS THIS:

I only am at the center for 8 hours this week, and if I stay healthy I get to leave on Friday.

YES YOU HEARD RIGHT LAST DAY IS FRIDAY!

The night of FREAKNIGHT.

It's just too perfect.

I have a habit of getting out of epic things and going to a rave ie) jail and now a treatment center.

Now I'll have time to make dinner on my own. The grocery store is like a candy store now, there's so many options and dishes I want to try that I would never allow myself to have. It's been YEARS since I've bought crackers for goodness sakes.

And I'll be able to see my friends more. Go OUT to dinner with them.

Get home before 8 :) it will be so very nice.

Oh and then I get to go back to work obviously. I miss it so much. I'm a little scared as to how my writing is and things like that since I've been gone. But I'll worry about that when I get there!

I'm just so fucking proud of myself. And I should be.

Ya that's basically it. Ed is still loud sometimes but I chose my voice over his.

Oh we have a new girl and she WANTS her disorder still. She has no shame in saying so. Can I just say (yes I can this is my blog) that I am so happy that I did this. I am so happy I want recovery and that I'm getting it. It blows my mind how my world is turned right side up from upside down in just 38 days. I just feel really blessed. And yup that's it!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment